About Us

Mark & Susan Benson on Board the Wennonah II

Mark and Susan Benson present a unique experience set that matches sellers with qualified buyers in a region they are truly passionate about. As full time, year round licensed Realtors® with a loyal network of buyers and sellers, extensive corporate marketing and sales experience and solid understanding of the markets within which we work you get informed analysis with every sale or purchase. Plus we have surrounded ourselves with experts to ensure that our clients get timely information for every situation. That's why last year 93% of clients who sold or bought a property with us were either repeat or personally introduced to us by those who know and trust us.* The remaining 7% found us through our on line presence! That's why we are top of the market performers and have been for years.**

Mark's background includes a love of sailing, boating and the outdoors. Since joining Lakes of Muskoka Royal LePage, Brokerage he has dedicated his efforts to growing our business almost exclusively through personal introduction. Mark's family history links him to steamships that opened up cottaging along the Trent Severn Waterway. Plus, he is the only Realtor® to have had a song dedicated to him and performed live in concert by a famous Canadian songstress.

Susan brings an extensive corporate background in marketing, sales and management of major resort real estate development projects across North America. Susan currently serves as President of CFUW Muskoka,  as Director on the Muskoka Lakes Association (MLA) Board of Directors, and as a member of the Membership Committee for the Royal Canadian Military Institute. Susan is also Past Chair of the Real Estate Council of Ontario CEO Advisory Group (2017-2019), served as a member and Vice Chair of the Committee of Adjustment for the Township of Muskoka Lakes from 2010-2018, and as a member of the  the Ontario Association of Committees of Adjustment & Consent Authorities including 3 years on the Board of Directors. Susan is also known in the region for spearheading Savour Muskoka and Provincially for leading the creation of the Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance (Savour Ontario).  

Mark and Susan are proud supporters of Rosseau Lake College, Havergal College, Selwyn House, Trinity College School, Royal Canadian Military Institute (RCMI), Muskoka Conservancy,  Muskoka Lakes Association (MLA), and the Sturgeon Lake Sailing Club. 

Both Mark and Susan offer proven experience with cottages, homes and condominiums so  you get the specialized counsel required to weigh the benefits of each lifestyle option. 

* As measured by closed property purchases Jan-Dec 2021.
** MLS Lakelands Real Estate Board Jan-Dec 2021 Royal LePage Platinum Award Top 3%,      Royal LePage Top Tier Award 2021

Discover More About Us